Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Light in a Dim Room

As I sat in a small room looking at a patterned curtain across the room, the small window in the tiny room let in more light. I wondered why light changes things and makes things look different. It seems like a childish question, I know. As the light came in, I could see the pattern more clearly and the colors more vibrantly. In that moment, the basics of Christian life came to mind. The small room represents our world. Our world is very small compared God's extensive universe. We are to let God's light of grace and salvation shine in our world. Our life is short. I watched the light appear through the window, and as the clouds shifted, it soon disappeared. Like the light, we are here for a short time. Let your light shine for God while you are here! Like the light made the curtain clearer, I hope and pray God uses you and me to share and make clear his gospel of salvation through grace. Much like God's gospel, we can not change the pattern on the curtain, but only make it clearer. However, we can't do it by our self. We'll need perseverance and God's help. By no means am I a theologian, but the illustration reminded me of why we are here and encouraged me, so I thought I'd share. We are here to glorify God. So don't hide that light!

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?" Psalms 27:1



No comments:

Post a Comment