Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Sign of Love

Yesterday, I went to dinner with a friend. After we ate, it was pouring down rain. So we played cards and waited it out. The storm looked pretty bad there for a while. Once the storm cleared up, we went outside and there was a beautiful full rainbow. The colors were so vibrant; I could have looked at it for hours. I was awestruck. Everyone was out taking pictures. We were all fascinated by  God's creation. As people passed admiring the rainbow, I heard one lady say "Wow, it must be a sign or something!" I was still dumbfounded and captivated by the beauty of the rainbow to say anything, but it got me thinking. God promised to never flood the Earth again, which means He's in control of the rain, the wind, the lighting. Actually, He's in control of everything. He placed the rainbow in the sky as a reminder that He keeps His promises. His promise that He will never flood the Earth again; His promise that He is in control; His promise that one day we will be united with Him in heaven. It was then I was struck with peace and comfort. It was then that I was reminded that even though we live in a crazy and dangerous world, no one can be against us if God is for us. So to the lady who admired the rainbow before walking into Paneara, yes, it was a sign. It's a sign of God's promises to his children. It's a sign of peace and comfort to the troubled. It's a sign of love.



No comments:

Post a Comment