Thursday, September 15, 2016

Memories from the Three and Four Year-old Sunday School Class

Last year, I had the privilege to help in the three and four year old Sunday school class. So before I completely move on, I wanted to write down some of my favorite moments from this experience so that I can look back on them in the future. These kids have been a blessing to me. I'll miss getting to learn and play with them every week.

1. One of my favorite memories from the three and four year old Sunday School class is when a little three year old would excitedly greet me with "Hi, Caroline!". This little girl was usually pretty quite during class, but always greeted me with a big smile and a warm hug, which always made my day!

2. After the Bible lesson, we would occasionally play hide and go seek inside. The kids took turns counting. It was a little boy's turn to go and count. So he counted, and the other children hid. There were about three kids that decided to hide under a rug. It was obvious they were underneath it because it looked like a little hill. When the little boy came to find them, he decided to jump on top of the rug. It was pretty hilarious (no kids were hurt).

3. One lesson we learned in Sunday school was about how Jesus calmed the storm in the boat by saying "Be still". I remember we had a big blue bed sheet with a boat pinned in the center. All the children grabbed around edges and shook as hard as they could. They loved it. Then we quoted the word's of Jesus, "Be still," and everyone would stop shaking the sheet. It was just a wonderful reminder to me of how God is in control of everything.

4. It was the Sunday after the terrorist attack in Nice. For those of you new to my blog, my sister and dad were in Nice at the event where the shooting took place. If you would like to know more then click here to see the blog post I wrote after it happened. Anyways, a little girl picked out a book for me to read. I do not remember the name of it, but it was such an appropriate book for me to read. The animal characters in the book symbolized God and his people. The story showed how God has a plan for our lives and how He protects us. I wish I could remember more about the story, but it was so fitting after what happened to my family in Nice.

5. On my birthday the last day I helped in the three and four year-old Sunday School, a little boy told me something I will cherish as I wrote his name on his paper. He said "You are someone who cares for me." My heart melted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment