Thursday, July 7, 2016

Fourth of July DIY Bean Bag Toss

I hope everyone had a fun 4th of July! I'm back this week with another DIY project! My sister and I made a fun and easy 4th of July bean bag toss that I thought would be fun to share on the blog. I originally saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it would be fun to recreate.

To start, pick out two types of patterned fabric. I chose some navy stripes and red and white polka-dots from Walmart for under a $1 each. Cut a rectangle out of the fabric and fold it in half with the wrong sides together creating the size of bean bag you desire. Next, sew two sides of the bean bag up on the sewing machine, and turn the fabric right side out so that the pattern can be seen. Fill it up with beans and sew the remaining side shut. I made eight bean bags total: 4 red and 4 blue.

Next, you'll need some plastic plates. We bought a package of four red plastic plates at Walmart for less than $1. Then, on Microsoft Word, we printed out numbers to tape to the plates. The first one was worth 5 points, then 15, then 30, and the furthest was worth 50. When adhering the numbers to the plates I'd suggest using tape, because when we used glue they didn't stick and blew away.

I hope you enjoyed this simple DIY! You could use this not only for the 4th of July but really for any summer event. Of course, you can choose whatever colors you want your bean bags and plates to be!











No comments:

Post a Comment