Thursday, April 7, 2016

A Sister & Best Friend

Sisters make the best friends. It always breaks my heart to see sisters who don't get along and fight all the time, because you really can't have a better friend than a sister. I'm persuaded that my sister is the best, and here's why.

She's sympathetic: Recently, I was stressed, and my sister was very sweet, caring, and sympathetic towards my feelings. She encouraged me and showed me how blessed I am to have a sister like her.

She's encouraging: Like I mentioned above, my sister is very encouraging. I've watched her grow up encouraging teammates in basketball and friends in ballet. I've seen her encourage younger ballet company dancers before auditions, and be a wonderful role-model. 

She's enthusiastic: My sister is very outgoing and people oriented. She's very enthusiastic and tries her best to include everyone. She usually does a wonderful job at it too, but I'll never forget the day when she saw a new girl at dance and decided to make her feel welcome. A little too enthusiastically, she introduced herself and it scared the girl a bit. It was quite humorous.

She's funny: It could be a humorous comment at the dinner table or singing a silly song, but she makes me laugh. I enjoy getting to spend time laughing with her.

She's a beautiful and dedicated dancer: My sister has been dancing for about fourteen years now, and she's very talented. She has had several huge partnering roles, as well as solos that have displayed her strength and flexibility. She's been the Bluebird from Sleeping Beauty, the Sugar Plum Fairy from the Nutcracker, and many other roles. This Friday and Sunday, she will be Cinderella! She's worked very hard on this ballet. You won't want to miss it! Click on the link in my Facebook post to order tickets or get them at the door!

Dear sister, you are all of these five things and so much more, so here's to you my forever friend. I look forward to seeing you dance this weekend. I know you will dance beautifully; you always do. Take a deep breath, you're almost to graduation, and soon we'll be lying in the summer sun at the beach! I love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment